When you need to do a complete clean-out or your Carmel apartment simply looks grimy, a detailed cleaning will freshen it up again. It can be easy to get frustrated when trying to do more than you should at one time. To make cleaning your place less of a challenge, we’ve came up with an apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel tenants.
Your Carmel Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Start with these chores in all spaces of your unit before taking on individual rooms to save time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel to track your progress.
- Declutter table tops and other areas.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Dust the tops of doors and their frames.
- Clean walls and baseboards.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window treatments.
- Disinfect doorknobs.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and remove stains.
- Dust the slats and any hard-to-reach spots of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Your Cleaning Checklist for Living Rooms
Whether you prefer having friends over or unwinding on your own, get your living room neat and welcoming with a regular cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. Use a hair removal tool if you have pets.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Ensure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are found nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for the Dining Room
The multitude of dirty areas in the dining room are a result of food. If you have forgotten food scraps clinging to the floor or table, position a slightly moistened rag over it for a few moments to loosen it up.
- Wipe crumbs from tabletops and seats and pay attention to tacky places.
- Dust the backs and legs of chairs.
- Give wood tables a good poslishing or employ a glass-cleaning product on glass surfaces.
- Use a soft duster to address display shelves with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens can get smeared and splattered from your nightly dinner routine. You could use store-bought cleaning products to cut through those greasy stains, but a handful of everyday supplies are great choices too.
- Wipe off cabinetry with a soft cloth moistened with soapy water and follow with a another clean cloth].
- Clean off kitchen counters with the right cleaning solution for the counter material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Scrub the sink with a paste of water and baking soda. A few shakes of baking soda in the garbage disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Wash it away with water after about 10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar on the upper rack. Wipe out inside and out with a wet cloth.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the steam work on any hardened food scraps. Clear out the softened material with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Carefully remove and clean stove burner parts in the sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with a cleaner or a one-to-one mix of water and white vinegar and use a little elbow grease.
- Abide by your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply use a water and baking soda paste to wash it out.
- Use a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to wipe off the refrigerator’s interior an exterior; then wipe away whatever’s left with a damp cloth. Then move it and get the floor below with a broom.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you despise dealing with dirty bathrooms, take on these easy jobs every day to keep the bathroom from getting too filthy.
- Wipe off the mirror with a spray-on cleaner and a clean rag.
- Wipe down counters with the right product for your material or use a water and vinegar mix on a clean rag.
- Gently wipe cabinets with a mild liquid soap and then use a a clean cloth.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Clean off your toilet exterior with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Tackle the tub and shower with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Carmel
You’ll sleep better in a clean bedroom!
- Clean up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a duster for flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Change and wash the sheets.
- Collect your dirty clothes from the floor and put them in the wash or a hamper.
- Use an extendable dusting tool to dust under the bed.
Choose Your Next Apartment At The Legacy Towns and Flats
A tidy and neat unit feels nice, but there are times when you need a new apartment entirely. Check out the dazzling, spacious apartments at The Legacy. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 317-674-1318 or arrange a tour to get started.