If you’re hunting for a new home, you’ll discover different types of apartment buildings in Carmel. Almost all fit within these groups: low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise. But which type of apartment is the right choice? Learning the pros and cons of each option will help you figure out what type of apartment you wish to live in.
The Pros And Cons Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically consist of ten stories or more. You’ll spot them in downtown areas where their verticality gives them the ability to accommodate many Residents within a reasonable horizontal area. People who enjoy residing in high-rise apartments choose them because:
- High-rise buildings give you exceptional views of Carmel.
- They’re in the middle of the city just a short walk to stores, restaurants, and entertainment. A great deal of high-rises also have stores or restaurants on the first floor.
- They may lessen your travel time if you have employment or attend school within the city.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so you won’t be required to climb a staircase.
- At a high-rise, all of your fellow Residents make their home in the same building. This may provide a greater sense of community as you talk in the lobby or when using the elevator. You might also benefit the service of an attendant or concierge.
Although it has various perks, residing in a high-rise isn’t for every person. Coming home to an urban high-rise is enjoyable and exciting for some people, but odds are you won’t like it if you crave peace and quiet. Heading out to work or school might also take a few more minutes when you live in a multiple-story structure, and a city space may have a limited amount of nearby parking spots. To conclude, high-rise apartments are often smaller to pack more residences into a restricted quantity of space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When debating between different types of apartment buildings in Carmel, low-rise or garden-style choices are the opposite ofhigh-rise ones. They typically have four or fewer levels and are situated in suburban neighborhoods. You frequently have many low-rises at one complex with a wealth of outdoor area encompassing them.
So why should you think about a low-rise apartment over other types of apartment buildings in Carmel?
- Low-rise apartments contain more residences on the first floor, providing effortless accessibility to the building.
- Low-rise apartments typically boast more [parking places for Residents and their guests.
- There’s more outside area to roam if you have a pet or a fondness for grass and trees outside your window instead of a busy urban scene.
- You’ll reside in the relative tranquility of the suburbs.
- You share common areas and hallways with fewer people and have additional seclusion.
However, not everyone seeks these benefits. If you would rather have the buzz and entertainment of city lifestyles, a quiet suburban low-rise complex won’t fit your needs. Based on where you go to school or work, you could be faced with a long drive from your low-rise unit as well.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings feature five to nine levels. You’ll notice them in both downtown and outlying areas, so they blend the perks of other types of apartment buildings in Carmel:
- When you have a mid-rise building in outlying areas, you’ll benefit from a serene setting and exterior area mixed with the camaraderie of living in a taller building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the center of Carmel, you won’t encounter as many occupants as a high-rise but you can still enjoy the thrill of city living.
Having Trouble Deciding The Type Of Apartment Building You Want? Visit Beautiful The Legacy Towns and Flats
At The Legacy, we integrate a beautiful property with a preferred location to provide an amazing apartment living experience. Contact us at 317-674-1318 or schedule a tour to view our spacious apartments and impressive amenities for yourself.