How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Carmel
Remote work is here to stay for countless employees, no matter if you occupy a large house or a studio apartment. If you inhabitate the latter, you won’t enjoy the advantage of a bonus bedroom to serve as your home office, but you can still create a suitable place to work. Check out these simple suggestions and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Carmel.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Carmel
- Select a suitable desk. Selecting a properly sized desk to fit your room is important. If you use a laptop, your desk only needs to be about 20 inches deep. Your work surface should be about 28 inches above the floor and could be any width that makes sense for your space. Make sure you have area for an extra monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have spreadsheets up, a conference call going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really short on square footage? Choose a two-tier folding desk you can stow away when you’re not using.
- Where to set up the desk? If you can tuck your desk conveniently into a corner, wonderful! But you may have to get more innovative when arranging. A slim desk may be moved right behind a sofa. You might use a small rug and lamp to designate the space as your office. An unused wall in your room will also work. Hang some artwork or intermix a plant or two so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re limited on space, employ your desk for more than a desk. Place it adjacent to your bed and let it serve as a nightstand. Or don’t utilize a desk at all and work from your bartop or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These additions work perfectly when your desk is next to a wall. You’ll have additional space for decor or supplies and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s unique layout.
Want A Change Of Pace? Try The Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Looking for another possibility in your own living quarters? Try a small standing desk so you can get up and stretch your legs. A reasonably priced adjustable laptop stand can help get your computer at the right height.
Here are a few extra space-conserving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Carmel:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that fits nicely beneath your desk
- Small storage units that can stick to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and children
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At The Legacy Towns and Flats
Your home office will look marvelous in your new apartment at The Legacy Towns and Flats. We have many different floor plans available to suit your living and working needs. Schedule a tour of our Carmel community or reach out to us at 317-674-1318 if you need additional information.